Welcome back. You belong here.
As we start the Fall, it’s easy to keep going and forget about the choices we’ve made in the past. They sometimes hurt, other times we’d rather ignore them and eentually we can feel far from God and from those we love.
But God wants us to return to Him with humility and love and to bring Him all our choices and not ignore that still small voice but to make future choices that are filled with His Spirit and love. Then we will be able to reach our God-given adventure and live a life of JOY.
So here are some tips on how to Return to God With Humility:
- It is Easy to Make Bad Choices. Anger, pain, violence, addictions. We see bad choices being made all around us every day, they’re easy to make – online, at work, at school. What is a bad choice? It’s something that destroys instead of building others up.
- You Have A Choice to Make. No one is forcing you to cut corners, to cheat, to not do the right thing. Sure we feel tempted so we struggle with our choices, but we also have the power to make the right choices today.
- Fill Your Life with God. Fill your life with worship, contemplation, creation. Even now in the Fall as life gets busy, take time to reflect and let God speak to you. He loves you and has a plan for your life no matter your past.
- Practice Gratefulness Even When You Have Nothing to Be Grateful For. Focusing on God will make our hearts grateful, it will lift our focus away from self and towards abundance. We truly have so much to be grateful for.QUOTE – If you don’t think you’re happy now, you’ll never be happy later.
TWO QUESTIONS FOR CONTEMPLATION
- What choices are making right now? Make an inventory of what you do each day and ask yourself, do they honor God or honor self?
- What choices did you make this summer that didn’t fill your life with JOY? Talk to God about them, let Him wash them away, return to God with humility and honesty
My prayer for you today is that you will know that no matter your choices, God is with you. He is a God of 2nd and 3rd chances regardless of failures or regrets.
Thank you for being here,
Your #GOZO! friend,