Wisdom says I should finish my Talbot paper, do laundry and pick up our children at school. What I want to be doing is support the L.A. Immigration rallies.
I am staying home, watching it on TV. I think that’s the wisest decision today.
This is a very important issue for me, I have been an immigrant in this country my whole life, became a U.S. Citizen last month, and will never forget the path that got me here. I support Bush’s immigration plan.
Wherever your stance, let’s seek unity and understanding, especially as followers of Jesus, we need to know the issues and seek a resolution. Don’t divide, unite.
KEY POINTS OF THE BUSH IMMIGRATION PROPOSAL
• Workers in the United States illegally join a temporary labor program.
• Those now-illegal immigrants then can apply for permanent residence but get no preferential consideration.
• Employers hiring these workers must show they cannot find U.S. laborers to fill their jobs.
• These undocumented workers get guaranteed wage and employment rights.
• These workers receive a temporary three-year visa, renewable once. They are expected to return to their countries of birth once their visas expire.
• Congress is urged to increase current annual limit of 140,000 “Green Cards.”.
• The Department of Homeland Security is to administer the program.
Have a great day.
Into the future,